Kubernetes clusters (FREE)
We offer extensive integrations to help you connect and manage your Kubernetes clusters from GitLab.
Read through this document to get started.
Benefit from the GitLab-Kubernetes integration
Using the GitLab-Kubernetes integration, you can benefit of GitLab features such as:
- Create CI/CD Pipelines to build, test, and deploy to your cluster.
- Use Auto DevOps to automate the CI/CD process.
- Use role-based or attribute-based access controls.
- Run serverless workloads on Kubernetes with Knative.
- Connect GitLab to in-cluster applications using cluster integrations.
- Use deploy boards to see the health and status of each CI environment running on your Kubernetes cluster.
- Use Canary deployments to update only a portion of your fleet with the latest version of your application.
- View your Kubernetes podlogs directly in GitLab.
- Connect to your cluster through GitLab web terminals.
Supported cluster versions
Connect your cluster to GitLab
Learn how to create new and connect existing clusters to GitLab.
See the available cluster integrations to integrate third-party applications with your clusters through GitLab.
Cluster management project
Attach a Cluster management project
to your cluster to manage shared resources requiring
cluster-admin privileges for
installation, such as an Ingress controller.
See how to allow GitLab to manage your cluster for you.
You can use Auto DevOps to automatically detect, build, test, deploy, and monitor your applications.
Deploying to a Kubernetes cluster
See how to deploy to your Kubernetes cluster from GitLab.
Monitoring your Kubernetes cluster
Automatically detect and monitor Kubernetes metrics. Automatic monitoring of NGINX Ingress is also supported.
Visualizing cluster health
When the Prometheus cluster integration is enabled, GitLab monitors the cluster's health. At the top of the cluster settings page, CPU and Memory utilization is displayed, along with the total amount available. Keeping an eye on cluster resources can be important, if the cluster runs out of memory pods may be shutdown or fail to start.